Monday, January 30, 2012

Let's take a drive, shall we?

As part of my ongoing series entitled "Kigali, what's that look like?", I wanted to take you all on a drive.

First, I need to cover the disclaimers. I'll say something important: don't try this at home. I am a professional, so driving and filming should not be taken lightly.

Second, as you watch, remember this - the camera's eyes are not my eyes. My eyes are on the road. The technological advancement of the handheld camcorder allows one to have 2 points of view. One is the drivers, one is the cameras. Not the same thing. (I can feel all the moms cringing already.)

Third, enjoy seeing this unique view of riding (kind of) shotgun around Kigali on a Friday morning. You'll see and hear what we see everyday - lots of walkers, moto-taxis, questionable driving practices (mine included), people moving goods via their heads, and hopefully, you can make out the beautiful hilly landscape.


,




















1 comment:

  1. Seriously, how do you post video? I have had ZERO success! Is your internet THAT amazing? I've tried at home, at Bourbon, at the Serena! Help! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete